Monday 20 May 2013

Royal Icing Rose

In this class we made royal icing roses. Let me tell you how hard it was for me to make it actually look like a rose instead of a giant glob of a mess! I, personally, found it a pain the the arse to do but one of the members in my group was really good at it! 


So here's the ingredients for the royal icing. Egg white powder, icing sugar and water.


We actually had a variety of flowers we could choose to do. Daffodils, violets and roses to name a few. Making these icing flowers required A LOT of concentration and a really steady hand.

Here I'll attempt to explain what we did 

 Here we first made a 'mountain' of icing


Then we made a 'scarf' for the mountain


And then we kind of covered it.









 I also made a daffodil but I forgot to take pictures of it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment