Monday 20 May 2013

Pulla

Pulla is a mildly sweet Finnish sweet roll/ dessert bread that is flavored with crushed cardamom seeds and is either braided or rolled.

This bread was similar yet unlike any bread that I ever made. Tender texture, slightly sweet, spiced with cardamom, and flat-out beautiful. 

We grounded the cardamom seeds ourselves, which was fun to do. 




Here we divided our dough into threes, since one of our group members was gone on a field trip. We, then, divided the piece we each had in 3, 4 and 5 strips.


And here was the fun part! Braiding the bread!

 I did a five braid one 


A group mate did a normal three braided one

 And I made my sister make a four braided one (it's really hard) 


Since we had some left-over dough left, Faith and I braided it and then curled it to make a circle.
 We brushed each loaf with egg wash and sprinkled it with course white sugar.


















No comments:

Post a Comment