Saturday 16 February 2013

Cheesecake

For this lab we made cheesecake! We are learning on how to decorate/garnish a plate so with the cheesecake we had to make it presentable.
This was a 2 day lab but on the first day of the lab (the making of the cheesecake), I happened to be sick on the first lab so I only have pictures of the finished cheesecake.


 

The cheesecake! We had a oreo crust

The strawberry coulis

The chocolate leaves, we painted chocolate on top of rose leaves and then you're suppose to be able to peel off the chocolate as a whole and get a leaf imprint.




Since this lab actually fell on Valentines Day, my sister and I happened to have some cookies and chocolate for our teachers and friends. We had made more cookies than we need so we brought them out and decorated our plates with them! The chocolate cookie is at the top and the vanilla one is at the bottom.





I wanted the plate to be simple and not overfilled with strawberry coulis so I did a simple design at the side and under.
Then I decided that the top looks a little plain so I add a little bit of strawberry coulis.

The decorating lab of the cheesecake was really fun, I liked how there were so many ways people decorated! And the cheesecake was delicious too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment