Thursday 12 December 2013

Gingerbread Castle Project

It has been so long since I updated this blog! I regret it as I have so many things to post now, but starting today I am going to try my best to catch up and post all the delicious foods I make. Instead of being in Foods Art, now I am in Foods and Nutrition 12 for the new school year.

*These next few posts that I make would not be in the order I make them.

So as you could tell from this title, in this post I am putting up the pictures for this gingerbread castle that Faith, Wendy and I made for the Hyatt Hotel Gingerbread Contest! This is not a class project as it was last year but our teacher asked us if we wanted to enter this year and of course we said yes!

For our gingerbread project, my group mates wanted to do a castle and then somehow it became a penguin castle...and rainbow also became a theme.

The gingerbread recipe we used was the same one as last year and you can find it here.



The trees are mini ice cream cones that we iced in different colours to make a 'rainbow forest'



All the penguins are made out of fondant

The colourful 'snow' is just sugar with food dye


This is the rainbow bridge with nerds















We sadly did not end up winning but I hope we could win the People's Choice Awards if people vote for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment