Monday 3 June 2013

Fondant Flowers

For about two weeks, we learned  about fondant and how to make fondant flowers.

Rolled fondants (we used this type) are like sweet dough. They are made with sugar, water and corn syrup like poured fondants. This type of fondants is rolled out into sheets, and then you can color them and use them for decorating cakes. Fondant on a cake creates a smooth, stunning, seamless covering.

We learned to make 5 different flowers and leaves.

On the first day my group learned to make Ivy Leaves (below) and Lily Leaves (which I forgot to take pictures of). 

 The second day we learned to make Roses! This was actually really fun to make and pretty too! Way better than my icing rose.




The third day we made Mums (first two pictures) and Button Flowers (last picture).



 Fourth day we made Daises! I found the daises the easiest one to make though it took a while for them to dry.

 Then we made Carnations which was probably the flower that I didn't really like to make since it looked kind of weird.


Afterwords we made Calla Lilies. This one was also simple to do.

I found the fondant unit to be really fun! Fondant (to my) kind of reminds me of play-dough that you can eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment