Thursday 7 February 2013

Apple Bird

Here we learned how to make a apple bird garnish! This was a really fun and scary lab to do as I keep thinking I would do something totally wrong with my apple and then fail. It was really fun seeing everybody's birds and how they were totally different to each other!



 So we first made a base for out apple bird by cutting about 1/3 off a side of the apple.
 We used the paring knife to cute "V-shaped" wedges for the two side feathers and the top.

 The "feathers" with the body, I should have put a little more lemon juice as it was starting to brown a little.


 The bird with all the feather, I felt like I should have push the feathers out more to make a more outstanding bird.

 I felt like the head of the bird doesn't really look like a bird's head, more like a turtle...
The head was made by cutting a 1/4" strip from the base piece that we cut out.


 Finished product of the bird.

 I thought I made the sides pretty even but I should have made the feathers pushed out more. Totally regret that right now.
The head kind of ruins the magnificent bird (in my opinion)

No comments:

Post a Comment